I didn't quite know what to name this post. Tell me what you think I should name it, and times this summer you have felt the same.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Nameless Post
As I have been going on this wacky journey that I like to call summer, I have learned not to set the bar to high. When you're looking forward to doing something and it doesn't happen, you are usually very disappointed. However, if you look for it, the best times come from the little stuff or things you do every day; like going to school or being with your family. Sometimes after a little while in the summer, you long to see a familiar face to my everyday life for a day. One full day. For a lot of people, it's their friends. For me, it's not only my friends, but faces of the people I'm surrounded with. Even if I really dislike them, it's comforting that not everything has changed. But a sometimes, it might not happen. Or when it does, you're to upset to notice. That's what happened to me. At Don's funeral, lots of people showed up from school. I mean, you would want that to happen. He is the dad of three students of my school, including one of my best friends. Anyways, I was to upset about what was going on to even notice all of the familiar faces that were around me. And by the time I noticed, they were no longer there. By the time I noticed, the funeral was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment